In several months we could observe more and more discussions about cultural identity, protection of own culture and about multiculturalism at otherside. One of ways how to speak and learn about our cultural identity is to see and know our cultural heritage as product of our nation and culture. But youngsters in majority don´t like to go, get to know and learn about their cultural heritage, monuments and everything what there left our fathers. We see one of problems of this fact, that presentation of cultural heritage is not so interesting for young people. Informations and presentations about monuments in each country is done mostly by adults and really educated adults on this fields. And than youngsters don´t know that they can better understand culture, cultural difference and values of each country when they get to know better their cultural heritage.
Redwhitefoundation.org project idea is to bring together youngsters from different millenial members in 21 red white flag countries, and at example : youth foreign members from poland, latvia, UK, Canada and the other red whte flags countries visiting the Indonesian historical monuments and cultural heritage to learn about cultural identity and differences, to lead intercultural dialogue and at first place: to discuss and prepare activities for better promotion and getting to know of cultural heritage by young people for young people, for example with using digital technologies, taking photos and share each others. We will use example of Indonesia country with their heritage as old kingdoms, exotic architecture, ancient temple, historical monuments, lot of traditional event, culinary, etc. but we will design activities applicated to each different country rotating annually. These can be in future used in non-formal education. The exchange period should be one month for one country, and the next will be the European of cultural heritage and this is one of reason, why redwhitefoundation.org would like organize project with this topic.
1. promote cultural identity and culture through cultural heritage of involved countries
2. to understand culture and values of involved countries through view at cultural history
3. increase interest of youngsters for their cultural heritage and to gain ways how to promote cultural heritage for young people
4. discover and find out examples of activities for getting to know and promoting cultural heritage for youngsters, which can be use in future in non-formal education
5. to learn about other country values and active citizenship through protection and promotion of cultural heritage